Welcome to my little corner of the vast God planned domain. I plan to share mostly my card projects here, you might even possible see some scrapping, quilt projects, and photography. Who knows I may even try other craft projects. Might even share a selection of little recipe cards I have collected over the past few years - scrapped, of course. There may even be some little things of greatness of my daily life. Every now and then, I might even vent!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

More Quilt Cards

These are three of the 6 quilted cards I am doing in a class on Jan 4 at my home. I showed the group the ones I made for Christmas gifts that in in an older post and they wanted to do a class using quilting. My quilting ideas are from Splitcoaststampers, Pinterest, and my quilt books.

Dresden Plate Pattern, thanks to Ellen Smallwood, the designer of this card via Mary Fish. I really like the way it looks without the butterfly also but I wanted to fill the empty space a little more.
Paper: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Blueberry Crisp retired DSP.
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Butterfly Punch, Label Punch, Circle Punch, 
Stampin' Dimensionals, Pearls

Diamond Shape Quilt, by Frenchie. I cased the card and made a couple others with the same design. Added the butterfly to complete the center.
Paper: Gumball Green, midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Print Poetry Paper Stack
Accessories: Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Tiny Butterfly Punch, Needle Punch,  
Stampin' Dimensionals. 
Going to add a sentiment when I send the card as do not know for what occasion right now.

This card pattern came from a tutorial by Nancy Riley. She has step by step directions but it is really easy once you start and get all of the papers cut. I cut my papers closer to the sizes I needed by measuring.
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Pools Party, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories. Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Very Vintage button, 1/8" Ribbon in one of the green shades (do not have it with me at the moment), Stampin' Dimensionals 


Thanks for looking and leaving any comments. I love making cards and am currently working on some sets for gifts, Operation Write Home, and a swap group I belong to. Usually make about 500 cards a year.

1 comment:

  1. I just got acquainted with quilt cards last year and these are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete